Catch Up Blog
Wednesday was a down day. We stayed around the hotel most of the time and I did laundry to get ready and repack for our trip to Boston over the weekend. Kathryn even got a nap in her bed that day. Which was definitely needed.
Thursday was another day of outings. In the morning Kathryn and I went to the Maine Wildlife Park. This is a park where they have wild animals that have be sick or injured and they have taken them in. I was very excited because they have Moose and that is a new word Kathryn has learned since we came here...except it comes out as "boose". Anyhow, we never did see the "boose". He was apparently taking a nap hidden somewhere in his area. The park was okay. Kathryn ended up being more interested in the children there with their school groups. I actually felt sorry for her, because she seemed so much to want to be a part of their groups...I don't think she would be happy being an only child...she wanted to play with the other kids, not walk around with boring Mom...she seemed so lonely watching all the others...hmm...although she may not be eager to share her Mommy, I think she'd loving being a part of a broad of children...sorry Kathryn not likely in this family!
Thursday afternoon Scott's training finished early so we headed down to Kennebunkport to see George Bush, Sr. and Barbara's house on the coast. It was cool to see. They inherited it from her family. There was security around of course, but we're not sure if they were there or not. Next weekend, Memorial Day weekend, is the kick off time for most of these quaint coastal towns (and the Bushes will be riding in the local parade.) The towns are just starting to wake up from the long winter months, so we are getting to see and do some of the fun. A lot of things don't open until June around here, but fortunately there are some year round things and a few that have opened in May. The trees have begun blooming since we've been here and everyone seems to be anticipating the summer.
The people in the coastal towns are so friendly and laid back. I can't get over it. It's so refreshing. The stereotype about the northeast being unfriendly and the south being so friendly doesn't seem accurate to me. I just love it here. We spent Thur. evening in Kennebunkport and ate at a delicious restaurant there. It was so beautiful being there at sunset...I could just imagine what it would be like to "summer" there as many do...it's just picture perfect...like right out of the movies or a novel...Oh well, I'll just keep dreaming...maybe thinking about that will get me through the HOT HUMID days ahead of us.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home